What to buy - Indian Ethnic Costume for Boys Kurta Pajama & Girls Kurti Anarkali in Singapore
As Deepavali, the Festival of Lights, approaches, many parents in Singapore are excited to dress up their little ones in traditional Indian attire to celebrate this joyous occasion. However, if you're new to the world of ethnic Indian wear, the multitude of options might be a bit overwhelming. Don't worry; we're here to help you navigate through the vibrant world of kids' ethnic outfits! In this guide, we will introduce you to some of the most popular choices for boys and girls, and what each outfit consists of.
Boys' Ethnic Outfits:
a. Kurta Pajama:
- Description: The Kurta Pajama is a versatile and comfortable choice for boys. It consists of a long tunic (kurtas) paired with matching pajama-style trousers. You can check out our entire range of Kurta Pajamas here.
- Significance: This attire reflects a sense of cultural pride and is a symbol of elegance and simplicity.
b. Dhoti Set:
- Description: The Dhoti Set is a more traditional option. It includes a long shirt, a dhoti (a draped piece of fabric), and sometimes a matching vest. You can check out our entire range of Kurta Dhoti here.
- Significance: Dhoti is a symbol of tradition and spirituality. It's perfect for special occasions.
Girls' Ethnic Outfits:
- Description: The Lehenga is a colorful and ornate ensemble, consisting of a flared skirt, a choli (blouse), and a matching dupatta (scarf). Find Nimbu's gorgeous selection of lehenga skirt sets here.
- Significance: Lehengas are a representation of grace and femininity, often adorned with intricate embroidery.
b. Anarkali Suit:
- Description: The Anarkali Suit is a long, frock-style dress paired with leggings and a coordinating dupatta. Our love for Anarkali and other styles like sharara sets is next level! Check out our entire collection of anarkalis, kurti shararas and pants sets for girls here.
- Significance: This outfit is inspired by the Mughal era, and it exudes elegance and charm.
Dressing your kids in traditional Indian attire for Deepavali is a wonderful way to celebrate this festive occasion. Whether you choose a Kurta Pajama, Dhoti Set, Lehenga, or Anarkali Suit, you can be sure your children will look adorable and culturally connected. Explore our website or visit us in stores like The Green Collective at Funan, Design Orchard or OG outlets kids' sections to find our selected styles on display to find the perfect outfits that will make your kids shine brightly during the Festival of Lights. Happy Deepavali!
If you want more options - The Smart Local, Sassymama and Honeycombers check out the best shops in Singapore and online to buy all kinds of Indian dress from boys’ kurta pajamas to lehengas and anarkalis for girls.
The best part, Nimbu has been featured in all these listings.